These Rules govern your participation in Service Credit Union's RewardsNOW program (also referred to as the "Program"). Your participation in this Program enables you to earn points that may be redeemed for various rewards. "Credit Cardholder" means an individual that has requested and/or received a Service Credit Union Visa® Platinum credit card (also referred to as a "credit card"). By using or accepting a credit card, you (as a Cardholder) agree to these Rules and any changes, additions, or deletions to them. Service Credit Union issues and administers all credit cards. The Service CU RewardsNOW toll-free number is 1-888-SCUREWARD (888-728-7392) (also referred to as the "RewardsNOW Service Center"). Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
RewardsNOW, Inc. manages and administers the Program. RewardsNOW and Service Credit Union are not affiliates. These Rules and Card transactions are also subject to other agreements you may have with Service Credit Union (for example, Cardholder agreements).
- The Program is offered at the sole discretion of Service Credit Union. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time, for any reason, and without notice, and this includes the right to suspend or end the program, cancel outstanding points, or change redemption of outstanding rewards. Service Credit Union does not assume any liability whatsoever for these changes.
- Credit cards and related accounts may be subject to fees and charges in accordance with the applicable Cardholder/account holder agreements and fee schedules.
- In the event of Cardholder fraud, abuse of the Program privileges, or violation of the Rules (for example, any attempt to sell, exchange, or transfer points or any instrument exchangeable for points), Service Credit Union, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel your participation in the Program.
- You are responsible for any personal tax liability related to participation in the Program or as a result of points earned or redeemed.
- The Program is void where prohibited by law.
- Service Credit Union is not responsible for managing or administering the Program or providing services under the Program. Service Credit Union will not be responsible for errors or omissions in any Program document. Service Credit Union will not have any liability to you or any other member arising from, or related to, the services or rewards.
- You (and any other beneficiary of the Program) agree that neither Service Credit Union nor RewardsNOW, Inc. will be liable for, and you release, discharge, and hold harmless Service Credit Union and RewardsNOW or anyone who acted on behalf of Service Credit Union or RewardsNOW, Inc., from any and all claims of any sort, type, kind, or nature that you may have arising out of or in any way relating to your participation in the Program or its rewards – including (but not limited to) claims for or due to personal injury, property damage, accident, sickness, delay, cancellation, postponement, inconvenience, penalty, refund, or other irregularities that may occur or that may be caused by any provider of services or rewards.
- Service Credit Union will be the final authority on Program Rules and Policies and on point credits and award qualifications.
- Service Credit Union's RewardsNOW Program allows you to earn points for purchases made using your eligible credit card. It also allows you to earn points for other Service Credit Union products as may be made available from time to time including, but not limited to, mortgage loans, and on-line banking. All point earning opportunities will be posted on the Earning Points page.
- Eligible credit Cardholders earn one point for every one U.S. dollar ($1) for every signature purchase on their eligible credit card rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Higher point earning levels may be awarded to members who meet certain criteria, on-line banking, and/or other requirements. Please check the Website periodically for this and other important program updates.
- "Net purchases" are defined as the dollar value of goods and services purchased with a credit card beginning with the first day of the billing cycle that includes Cardholder's Enrollment Date, minus any credits, returns, or other adjustments as reflected on monthly billing statements.
- Transactions excluded from Cardholder point rewards include (a) balance transfers, except as otherwise permitted in special promotional offers; (b) any fees and card-related charges posted to a Rewards Card account, including late fees, over-limit fees, annual fees, and finance charges as outlined in the applicable Cardholder agreement; or (c) tax payments or any unauthorized or illegal charges or transactions.
- Negative points will post on a statement if returns or credits exceed purchases. Points may not be purchased.
- Points may be earned or redeemed only if the applicable account is in good standing. A credit card account is not in good standing if closed or suspended, or if the credit card credit limit has been exceeded. Earning and redemption privileges will be reinstated once the account is in good standing. If the account is closed by either you or Service Credit Union for any reason, all points that were accumulated but unused will be forfeited immediately.
- Point accrual will begin upon the first day of the calendar month that includes the member's enrollment date. No other retroactive points will be awarded.
- The number of points a member can earn in a calendar year is unlimited.
- Points earned will be credited on a monthly basis. You will receive a Service Credit Union RewardsNOW quarterly printed statement by mail or a monthly online statement. Points earned will appear on these statements. By visiting the My Account page, you may elect to receive an email notification when your e-statement is ready to be viewed. Email addresses can be updated by visiting the Change Preferences page.
- Points do not expire. Points have no cash value. Points and awards are not considered your property and are not transferable under any circumstances including, upon death, as part of a legal settlement, or as part of a domestic relations issue.
- Points may be redeemed for a variety of rewards, as indicated in the Program online catalog.
- When you are ready to redeem points, visit the catalog to select your reward, or call the Service Credit Union RewardsNOW Service Center for all redemption inquiries and orders.
- The point redemption levels for travel, Gift Cards, and merchandise can be found in the catalog.
- To redeem your points for travel, visit the Travel page or call the RewardsNOW Service Center. You can redeem your points for a flight via our online booking page, or for Expanded Travel. Restrictions may apply; call for details.
- Points may be redeemed only from accounts that are open and in good standing as stated in the "Earning Points" section above.
- Points redeemed, if applicable, will be on a first-in, first-out basis.
- All redemptions are sent to the billing address on the account including APO addresses. UPS or USPS will usually deliver your Gift Card/item within 2-4 weeks. You may update your mailing address by contacting Service Credit Union.
- All Gift Cards in the RewardsNOW program can be delivered to domestic and APO addresses. Visa Gift Cards can be used wherever Visa® is accepted worldwide. Exchange rates apply. For vendor supplied Gift Cards, it is your responsibility to determine whether a particular Gift Card is appropriate for your needs.
- Gift Cards are subject to the terms and conditions of the Gift Card provider.
- A monthly maintenance fee will be assessed for Visa Gift Cards beginning the seventh month after the card is purchased. Fees subject to applicable law. Other fees may apply. This card is issued by MetaBank™ pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. More information can be found at www.servicecu.org/giftcard.
- All rewards are subject to availability. Reward items may be discontinued or withdrawn without notice. Should an item be discontinued, it will be replaced with an item of equal or greater value or you will be advised of unavailability so that you can make an alternate selection.
- If an item arrives damaged, you may return it for a replacement. Please contact 1-800-240-4814 x203 for a return authorization. Item(s) must be returned within 30 days of receipt in the original packaging. For returns of items that are undamaged, please contact the RewardsNOW Service Center. Return shipping charges will be paid by the redeeming Member. There is a $30 restocking fee. Item(s) must be returned within 30 days of receipt, unused and in the original packaging. Gift Cards and Codes cannot be returned for any reason.
- Neither Service Credit Union nor RewardsNOW is responsible for lost or stolen correspondence or documents.
- You, as a Member, have sole responsibility for any charges over and above the stated value of a Gift Card or Gift Certificate.