These Rules govern your participation in the Schools Platinum Rewards Program (also referred to as "Program"). Your participation in this Program enables you to earn points that may be redeemed for various rewards. "Cardholder" means an individual that has requested and/or received a Schools Platinum Rewards Visa® Credit Card (also referred to as "Card"). By using or accepting a Card, you (as Cardholder) agree to these Rules and any changes, additions or deletions to them. Schools Financial Credit Union issues and administers all Cards. The Schools Platinum Rewards website can be found by following the links from schools.org. The Schools Platinum Rewards toll-free number is 855-SFCU-RWD (855-732-8793) (also referred to as "Schools Platinum Rewards Service Center"). Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
RewardsNOW, Inc. manages and administers the Program. RewardsNOW and Schools Financial Credit Union are not affiliates. These Rules and Card transactions are also subject to other agreements you may have with Schools Financial Credit Union (for example, Cardholder agreements).
- The Program is offered at the sole discretion of Schools Financial Credit Union. They reserve the right to change these Rules at any time, for any reason and without notice, and this includes the right to suspend or end the program, cancel outstanding points or change redemption of outstanding rewards. Schools Financial Credit Union does not assume any liability whatsoever for these changes.
- Cards and related accounts may be subject to fees and charges in accordance with the applicable Cardholder agreements and fee schedules.
- In the event of Cardholder fraud, abuse of the Program privileges or violation of the Rules (for example, any attempt to sell, exchange or transfer points or any instrument exchangeable for points), Schools Financial Credit Union, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel your participation in the Program.
- You are responsible for any personal tax liability related to participation in the Program or as a result of points earned or redeemed.
- The Program is void where prohibited by law.
- Schools Financial Credit Union is not responsible for managing or administering the Program or providing services under the Program. Schools Financial Credit Union will not be responsible for errors or omissions in any Program document. Schools Financial Credit Union will not have any liability to you or any other Cardholder arising from, or related to, the services or rewards.
- You (and any other beneficiary of the Program) agree that neither Schools Financial Credit Union nor RewardsNOW will be liable for, and you release, discharge and hold harmless Schools Financial Credit Union and RewardsNOW or anyone who acted on behalf of Schools Financial Credit Union or RewardsNOW, from any and all claims of any sort, type, kind or nature that you may have arising out of or in any way relating to your participation in the program or its rewards — including (but not limited to) claims for or due to personal injury, property damage, accident, sickness, delay, cancelation, postponement, inconvenience, penalty, refund or other irregularities that may occur or that may be caused by any provider of services or rewards.
- Schools Financial Credit Union reserves the right to interpret Program Rules and policies and will be the final authority on point credits and award qualifications.
- Cardholders will earn one point for every one U.S. dollar ($1) in eligible net purchases made on their Schools Platinum Rewards Visa Credit Card rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Visit the Earning Points page for additional bonus point opportunities that may be available to you.
- "Net purchases" are defined as the dollar value of goods and services purchased with a Card beginning with the first day of the billing cycle that includes Cardholder's Enrollment Date, minus any credits, returns or other adjustments as reflected on monthly billing statements.
- Transactions excluded from point calculation include the following: (a) cash advances, ATM withdrawals, convenience checks, balance transfers and any point of sale PIN (personal identification number) transactions, except as otherwise permitted in special promotional offers; (b) any fees and card-related charges posted to a Rewards Card account, including ATM fees, late fees and finance charges as outlined in the applicable Cardholder agreement; or (c) tax payments or any unauthorized charges or transactions.
- Negative points will post on a statement if returns or credits exceed purchases.
- Points may be earned only if the applicable account is in good standing. A Card account is not in good standing if closed, suspended or if the credit limit has been exceeded. If the account is closed by either you or Schools Financial Credit Union for any reason, all points that were accumulated but unused will be forfeited immediately.
- Point accrual will begin upon the first day of the calendar month that includes the Cardholder's Enrollment Date. No other retroactive points will be awarded.
- The number of points a Cardholder can earn in a calendar year is unlimited.
- Points earned will be credited on a monthly basis. We will provide a monthly Schools Platinum Rewards e-statement. You can opt to receive a notification by email when your monthly Schools Platinum Rewards e-statement has been updated. The email will also contain a link to the website where you can view your current point balance. You can opt to receive a quarterly paper statement by mail instead of a monthly e-statement notification by email. Statement preferences can be updated by visiting the website.
- Points will expire three years after the month in which they were earned. Points and awards are not considered your property and are generally not transferable upon death, as part of a legal settlement or as part of a domestic relations issue.
- Points from other rewards accounts cannot be transferred or combined. Points are not transferable to other frequent traveler or merchandise programs.
- Points may be redeemed for a variety of rewards, as indicated on the website.
- When you are ready to redeem points, visit the online catalog to select your reward, or call the Schools Platinum Rewards Service Center for all redemption inquiries and orders.
- The point redemption levels can be found on the website.
- To redeem your points for travel, visit the Travel Resource Center where you can book online, redeem for a Travel Rebate Certificate or speak with our travel agency. Restrictions may apply. See website for details, or you may call our Service Center toll-free at 855-SFCU-RWD (855-732-8793) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Travel Rebate Certificates must be redeemed in increments of 2,500 points with a minimum of 5,000 points. Travel Rebate Certificates can be downloaded from the website. By following the instructions on the certificate, you can receive credit to your Card account. Or you may redeem your points by calling the Schools Platinum Rewards Service Center. Travel Rebate Certificates may be applied toward any travel accommodations or services purchased with your participating Card, with the exception of food and fuel. Certificate usage is limited to the Cardholder(s) identified on the certificate. Certificates have no cash value and no cash refunds or credits will be given if the value of the travel service is less than the value of the certificate. The issuer assumes no liability for dollars paid by Cardholder over and above the reward value redeemed.
- Points may be redeemed only from accounts that are open and in good standing as stated in the "Earning Points" section above.
- Points redeemed and/or expired, if applicable, will be based on a first-in, first-out basis.
- All redemptions are sent to the billing address on the account. UPS or USPS will usually deliver your item within 2-4 weeks. Shipments cannot be made to a post office box, an APO address or outside the 50 United States. You may update your mailing address by contacting Schools Financial Credit Union.
- All rewards are subject to availability. Reward items may be discontinued or withdrawn without notice. Should an item be discontinued, it will be replaced with an item of equal or greater value or you will be advised of unavailability so that you can make an alternate selection.
- If an item arrives in damaged condition, you may return it for a replacement. Please contact 1-800-240-4814 x203 for a return authorization. Item(s) must be returned within 30 days of receipt in the original packaging. For returns of items that are not damaged, please contact the Schools Platinum Rewards Service Center. Return shipping charges will be paid by the participant. There is a $30 restocking fee. Item(s) must be returned within 30 days of receipt, unused and in the original packaging. Gift cards and codes cannot be returned for any reason.
- Neither Schools Financial Credit Union nor RewardsNOW are responsible for lost or stolen correspondence, documents or certificates.
- You, as Cardholder, have sole responsibility for any charges over and above the stated value of a gift card or gift certificate.