These Rules govern your participation in the RedwoodRewards Program (Program). Your participation enables you to earn points that may be redeemed for various rewards. "Cardholder" means an individual or a business entity that has requested and/or received a Redwood Credit Union Visa® debit or credit card (Card). By using or accepting a Card, you agree to these Rules and any changes, additions, or deletions to them. Redwood Credit Union (RCU) issues and administers all Cards.
RewardsNOW, Inc. manages and administers the Program. RewardsNOW and RCU are not affiliates. These Rules and Card transactions are also subject to other agreements you may have with RCU (for example, Cardholder agreements).
1. The Program is offered at the sole discretion of RCU. RCU reserves the right to change these rules at any time, for any reason, and without notice, and this includes the right to suspend or end the Program, cancel outstanding points, or change redemption of outstanding rewards. RCU does not assume any liability whatsoever for these changes.
2. Cards and related accounts may be subject to fees and charges in accordance with the applicable Cardholder agreements and fee schedules.
3. In the event of Cardholder fraud, abuse of the Program privileges, or violation of the Rules, RCU, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel your participation in the Program.
4. You are responsible for any personal tax liability related to participation in the Program or as a result of points earned or redeemed.
5. The Program is void where prohibited by law.
6. RCU is not responsible for managing or administering the Program or providing services under the Program. RCU will not be responsible for errors or omissions in any Program document. RCU will not have any liability to you or any other cardholder arising from, or related to, the services or rewards.
7. You (and any other beneficiary of the Program) agree that neither RCU nor RewardsNOW will be liable for, and you release, discharge, and hold harmless RCU and RewardsNOW or anyone who acted on behalf of RCU or RewardsNOW, from any and all claims of any sort, type, kind, or nature that you may have arising out of or in any way relating to your participation in the Program or its rewards - including (but not limited to) claims for or due to personal injury, property damage, accident, sickness, delay, cancellation, postponement, inconvenience, penalty, refund, or other irregularities that may occur or that may be caused by any provider of services or rewards.
8. RCU reserves the right to interpret Program Rules and policies and will be the final authority on point credits and award qualifications.
1. Cardholders will earn one point for every two U.S. dollars ($2) in eligible net purchases through signature based (non-PIN) transactions made on their RCU Visa® debit card rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Cardholders will earn one point for every one U.S. dollar ($1) in eligible net purchases made on their RCU Visa® credit card rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Cardholders will earn 1.25 points for every one U.S. dollar ($1) in eligible net purchases made on their RCU Visa ® Signature credit card rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Visit the Earning Points page for additional bonus point opportunities that may be available to you.
2. "Net purchases" are defined as the dollar value of goods and services purchased with a Card beginning with the first day of the billing cycle that includes Cardholder's Enrollment Date, minus any credits, returns, or other adjustments as reflected on monthly billing statements. The Cardholder's Enrollment Date is the date you initially enrolled in the Program.
3. Transactions excluded from point calculation include the following: (a) cash advances, ATM withdrawals, convenience checks, balance transfers, and any point of sale PIN (Personal Identification Number) transactions, except as otherwise permitted in special promotional offers; (b) any fees and card-related charges posted to a Rewards Card account, including ATM fees, late fees, over-limit fees, annual fees, and finance charges as outlined in the applicable Cardholder agreement; or (c) tax payments or any unauthorized charges or transactions.
4. Negative points will post on a statement if returns or credits exceed purchases. Points may be earned only if the applicable account is in good standing. A Card account is not in good standing if closed, delinquent, suspended, or if the credit limit has been exceeded. If the account is closed by either you or RCU for any reason, all points that were accumulated but unused will be forfeited immediately.
5. Point accrual will begin upon the first day of the calendar month that includes the Cardholder's Enrollment Date. No other retroactive points will be awarded.
6. The maximum number of points a Cardholder can earn in a calendar year is 250,000.
7. Points earned will be credited on a monthly basis. Points earned on your Card will appear on your quarterly printed statement and monthly e-statement.
8. Points will expire four years after the month in which they were earned. Points and awards are not considered your property and are generally not transferable to other parties.
9. Account Activity Requirements: You may be dis-enrolled in the Program and Points may be purged after six months of inactivity.
1. Points may be redeemed for a variety of rewards, as indicated on the website.
2. When you are ready to redeem points, visit the website to select your reward, or call the RedwoodRewards Service Center (Service Center) at 1-877-532-7785 for all redemption inquiries and orders.
3. Points can be redeemed for 1% cash back beginning at 2,500 points (2,500 points = $25) and in 2,500 increments thereafter. To redeem your points for cash back, log into your RCU Online banking account, and select Rewards, then Use Points or call the Rewards contact center at 1-877-532-7785. Cash will be deposited into the
Members lowest numbered checking account 7-10 business days after redemption.
4. The point redemption levels can be found on the website.
5. To redeem your points for travel, visit the website or call the Service Center. Using our Travel Resource Center you can book online or speak with our travel agency. Restrictions may apply.
6. Points may be redeemed only from accounts that are open and in good standing as stated in the "Earning Points" section above.
7. All redemptions are sent to the billing address on the account. UPS or USPS will usually deliver your item within 2-4 weeks. Shipments cannot be made to a post office box, an APO address, or outside the 50 United States.
8. All rewards are subject to availability. Reward items may be discontinued or withdrawn without notice. Should an item be discontinued, it will be replaced with an item of equal or greater value or you will be advised of unavailability so that you can make an alternate selection.
9. Cardholders may exchange merchandise only in the event of merchandise defects or damage in shipment. Some items are delivered by common carrier, where a delivery time is scheduled and someone must be present to accept delivery. When this is the case, the item must be opened in the presence of that carrier and any exceptions, damages, or shortages must be noted on the delivery receipt before Cardholders sign to accept shipment of merchandise. For those items that are delivered without being scheduled, please inspect the item within 24 hours of delivery and notify the Service Center at 1-877-532-7785 if you find any exceptions, damages, or shortages. Gift Cards cannot be returned for any reason.
10. Neither RCU nor RewardsNOW are responsible for lost or stolen correspondence, documents, or certificates.
11. You, as a Cardholder, have sole responsibility for any charges over and above the stated value of a gift card or gift certificate.